Here at Paper Lantern Store, we specialize in all kinds of creative ways to decorate your wedding ceremony. Whether you're planning a bohemian-inspired outdoor wedding complete with lights and flowers galore, or a chic indoor wedding with a traditional, elegant theme, we have you covered with ideas and inspiration for your perfect wedding aisle. Here are just five of our favorite creative, one-of-a-kind ways to decorate the aisle at your wedding ceremony.
- Rose Petals Galore. While most weddings have the flower girl sprinkle flower petals down the aisle during the bridal party's walks down the aisle, why not go all out with the petals and use them as your aisle's décor? It looks stunning to cover the entire surface of the wedding ceremony aisle in a thick layer of white or pink rose petals, and you'll feel like you're walking on a cloud when you come down the aisle. To complete the décor, add large pots at the ends of the aisle filled with rose bushes featuring the same type of roses, or simply attach a bouquet of roses to the end seat on each row. You can attach the flowers using Paper Lantern Store's bakers twine or craft string, and even use silk rose petals if you don't want to pay the higher price for the real deal.
- A Pattern in Petals. Another creative way to decorate the aisle is by creating a fun pattern with the petals on the ground. You might like to arrange the colors of rose petals into a scalloped pattern along the edges of the aisle, allowing room for the flower girl to scatter her rose petals down the middle, or even dot the aisle with heart-shaped rose petal arrangements. Best of all, while these displays are temporary, they'll even look beautiful once they're dispersed from the bridal party walking down the aisle!
- A Barnwood Entrance. Having a rustic, farm-style wedding? Hire a handy helper or enlist your friends to help you build a rustic pair of floating barn doors for the entrance to your wedding ceremony aisle. This is especially beautiful for outdoor weddings, as the doors appear to float right out of the grass! You can recycle old wood pallets to create the doors, and even use our paint, pens and markers to add your own details. Once you make your way through the doors, decorate with burlap pennant banners and antique-inspired lanterns to complete the shabby chic look.
- Singin' in the Rain. No one hopes for rain on their wedding day, but you can still decorate with gorgeous, antique-inspired parasols and umbrellas for a truly unique and vintage-style theme. One way to decorate your wedding ceremony aisle with Paper Lantern Store's parasols is by creating an archway covered in parasols for the entrance to the aisle or to use as a backdrop for the bride and groom's vows. Simply use some sturdy wire to craft the general shape of the archway, and then attach multicolored parasols all over in your wedding's colors. Another creative way to use parasols in your ceremony is by creating a complete "roof" over only the aisle. This is great for especially hot, summer days, as it offers some shade for the bridal party while also looking ethereal and colorful. Use sturdy posts at each end of the aisle and strings of sturdy wire across, and then layer parasols on top of one another until the entire surface of the aisle is covered.
- Beach Bungalow. Whether you're having a destination wedding on the beach or simply want to create the feeling of a tropical getaway, you can transform your wedding ceremony aisle into a beachy bungalow in just a few simple steps. Buy some tall, weathered pieces of bamboo or another type of rustic log that gives the appearance of driftwood, and then craft a simple structure from one end of the aisle to the other. Once this is done, drape it with soft, gauzy fabrics in your wedding's theme colors, making it so that these fabrics blow in the breeze and don't look too pinned-down. Intertwine fairy wire string lights with the fabrics if you want a bit of a sparkle, and even add flower garland to give the effect of tropical leis.